Sunday, May 13, 2012

Millican Menagerie

Decision time:  nature preserve or Caddyshack?  Do I let the varmints win or fight.  We have at least 5 rabbits in the backyard.  We have squirrels everywhere trying to remember where they buried the acorns...kinda like me trying to remember where my phone is or my cup of coffee.  We have blue jays, cardinals and mourning doves.  And the biggest mice ever.  Thought I saw one the other day along with the bunnies.  Today my mother watched one eating...in the flowerbed.  


So, traps, D-con, sprays...someone offered Don a repeating pellet gun.  Since I don't want to go through the red tape it would take to open my backyard as a nature preserve, I guess it is war.  Oh, my hero, Gary M., has come to take care of the moles in the front yard.  Since when did MY house become the gathering place for nature's creatures?  Where is the sign on Garnett pointing to my yard?  No one asked my permission.


This week is THE week to declare an end.  The Mother-Daughter tea for the high school juniors and seniors is Saturday.  The grandchildren come on Friday.  This will be a varmint free zone by Thursday.  Or .....

No comments: